Duration: Various options: 1 day to a week long camp
Want to be better prepared, and feel more secure whilst on the move? We have teamed up with Krav Maga UK for a brilliant education on how to stay safe whilst traveling the world. This course will give you an in depth and detailed knowledge of how to be well prepared and confident as you travel. Whether you're a student on a gap year, a working professional or on a personal adventure, this course will help you to optimise your enjoyment. You will come away better prepared to cope with the pressure when things go wrong, maximising your opportunities to get the most out of your holiday or trip. Find Out More
- Prior preparation including research, paperwork, clothing and equipment
- Map skills, route setting and local knowledge
- Emergency escape routes and evasion
- Martial arts and self defence training with nationally accredited certificates
- Danger zone preparation, both human and natural
- Camping techniques including camouflage and concealment
- Wilderness and urban survival skills
- Bushcraft and field techniques including knife use and fire lighting
- Fauna and flora: key dangerous plants and animals, plus food sources
- First aid in the field: what to take and how to use it
No matter where you chose to wander, from the Scottish Highlands to the Favelas of Brazil, this course has something for you.
Duration: 2 Days - 1 Night
A WHOLE NEW EXPERIENCE AND OUTLOOK ON LIFE. The Survival Training offers outdoor learning at its best. Participants learn the skills needed to survive outdoors in all seasons, with winter being our most popular season for learning. Develop your bushcraft and survival skills to an extremely high standard, and finish with the knowledge, attitude and skills necessary to thrive in even the most challenging of situations and environments. This applies equally to the outdoors as it does to other aspects of a persons’ life. Find Out More
- Survival priorities and attitude, expedition planning, preparation and safety
- Fire craft - safety, ignition, fire lays
- Knife craft, safety, the law, carving and the use of woodland tools
- Stalking, tracking, primitive technologies and weapons
- Search and rescue, first aid, managing emergencies
- Foraging for wild foods & medicines, outdoor cooking, sourcing and purifying water
- Camp craft - safety and organisation
- Effective communication, leadership, teamwork and wellbeing
- Wild navigation, compass and map use, Morse code and night navigation
- Shelter - natural and man made, rope craft, knots and tarpology
Duration: 5-21 days
If you want your students to become strong and independent world-ready young leaders we can make it happen. Find Out More
- Arctic Gold
- Arctic Winter
- Jet Ski Survival - UK
- Borneo Jungle and Humanitarian Aid Project
- Sea Kayak - UK
- Peru Jungle Expedition and Scientific Exploration in the Desert
- Tanzania Kilimanjaro
Our expeditions are unique, providing the most inspirational and exceptional opportunities for personal development. Through the survival training programme prior to the expedition you will be able to thrive in these remote locations. You'll be able to focus on enjoying the experience and applying your skills while helping others. You will experience new landscapes and meet people from different cultures.
Duration: 1 Day
Visit one of our beautiful woodland sites or we can come to you and design something bespoke. Our highly skilled teachers and instructors tailor your session to meet your personal goals, delivering with fun and enthusiasm. Find Out More
Courses can include...
- Whole year group/house events: "Getting to know you" days, induction activities and fun camps.
- Young leaders and prefects: Training, values and development for young leaders.
- Spoon carving classes, wood work and tool use: fitting with KS3-5 Design Technology and Art and incredible therapy and wellness for those who need a confidence boost or an opportunity to create something amazing.
- Personal wellbeing and reward: We have a vast amount of experience working with students with specific needs, and rewarding those who push their boundaries to make great progress.
- Bushcraft and wilderness skills: fire, shelter, foraging for wild foods and medicines, cooking over an open fire, shelter building and safety, use of primitive weapon technologies, animal stalking, tracking and more.
- Practical skills: cooking, personal and camp hygiene, food and nutrition, time keeping, organisational skills and kit management.
- Expedition skills and global travel safety training: camping methods, first aid, search and rescue and modern navigation. Travel safety courses for industry and gap year students.
- Night games, wide games and Polaris Olympics: Just lots and lots of fun!
Get in touch to find out what we can do for you and your students.
Duration: 1 Day
Helping your team perform to the very best of their ability is extremely important to us. We have handled teams in some quite stressful and demanding environments. Often the work environment can be as tough as the Arctic cold or the desert heat; this is where we can help. Find Out More
We can assist you to...
- Improve Wellbeing
- Excel as a coherent staff team and develop personal resilience
- Inspire and coach others
- Lead, serve and manage effectively in times of change
- Use the outdoors to teach and bring alive multiple aspects of your life and work
- Improve mental and emotional tenacity through connections to nature
- Develop a learning and performance based culture
Contact us for an exploratory conversation to find out more about our approach and how best we can help you.
Duration: Typically range from 1-4 nights
School camps and activity days are a fantastic opportunity for students to be inspired, to develop valuable academic and life skills. Participants will experience how to really survive and thrive in the wild; and for pupils and staff to celebrate and have a brilliant time! They can be held on school site or with us at one of our diverse locations. Our school camps and activity days can be a one off activity, tailored to your schools ethos and goals, or progressive throughout each year in school. We have curriculums designed to fit into what the students are learning for a variety of subjects. Find Out More
In partnership with the school’s own teaching staff, we seek to inspire and equip each student to be the very best they can be. The result is better motivated and more engaged pupils back at school and at home.
Duration: 5-10 days
Once you are well trained and have a number of Polaris Outdoor experiences under your belt it is time to take things to the next level... The extreme winter survival trip is a 5-10 day excursion where your survival skills will be built up and tested to make you a truly ‘world ready’ traveller. Using minimal tools and equipment you will travel from place to place in the wilderness searching for food and resources. With your map skills resource caches can be found to enrich your experience. You will navigate difficult terrain, make important decisions, walk, canoe, scramble and wild camp in different conditions. Find Out More